Saturday, January 6, 2024

Death Café & Beckett

Led by Gail Rubin, the Doyenne of Death, about 20 people showed up at the monthly Death Café to talk about death and dying. Several were/are hospice workers, one a retired physician, even a few youngsters.

The hospice worker sitting next to me encouraged me to call Hi-Desert Hospice. She said they have their own physicians who support MAID and it sounded to her as if I'd qualify. I don't need a referral from my cardiologist anyone else. I'll  do that Monday.

             ----------------------------

Damned to Fame is the only authorized biography of Samuel Beckett. As the stage is being set, we learn of Bill Beckett, Samuel's Dad, parking his sports Delage at the Royale Irish Automobile Club. Here're some pictures...

The 1930s Delage




The 2022 Delage






6 comments:

  1. Sorry that you really did not find a connection. But are you going to read the book? I tried here following the link, i don't know what to say about books like that? I already try my best not to deny death , that is maybe why i practice polar swimming, to at least be close t o death. What i see around me is a seemingly denial of death, will those people pick up this book? Will the people supporting war, pick up this book? Let me know if it did something for you when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a wrong term, here in the yukon some people call themselves, yukon ice swimmers. I will send you last week's photo

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe it is called , cold plunge, but the group i am with, we pride ourselves on doing some strokes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mein gott!

      Do you know the final scene in Magister Ludi by Hesse the main character dirs of a heart attack when he attempts to swim in an ice-cold lake?

      Delete
    2. When do we get to see a picture of YOU? (I cannot post a picture of naked people without their permission.)

      Delete