Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Paul

He was wearing a brown stetson. As he went by I asked where he got it. He'd worn it tending a herd of 450 Spanish horse on the Colorado-New Mexico border, up along the Rio Grande.



They were checking DNA to keep the herd pure, but were up against an uncaring BLM who let the mustangs run free. He'd had an aortic anuerysm and after surgery couldn't wiggle his toes. After a while he made it to the bathroom and was now up to walking three miles. When I mentioned having declined the bypass surgery he rejoined with, "I had no choice." 


When I contacted St Mary's Hospital (DON'T go there!) about a copy of my Transradial Catheterization, their records say I left against their advice. Paul went around three times to my one. But that was my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment