Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Mélange & Meds

Today I increased the iso to five & five....putting me over the recommended max dose of 240mg/day. It was in July that I upped it to five in the morning and, at Dr. Marin's suggestion, keeping it at four in the evening.

This past month I've been groaning when getting up from a chair and realizing my thighs were weakening while, at the same time, the upper-body mass, now at 248 pds, is becoming too much for them.

I've had several "good" days of no groaning and renewed energy. And though I continue to need long rests between tasks, I've been able to transition from sitting to moving fairly easily.

FOR THE RECORD.




They visited Bosque del Apache where there were cranes and geese.



They went from Las Cruces to White Sands where they got to see the moonrise and in Mesilla, celebrated Dia de los Muertos.





Michelle sent this cartoon.




We went to dinner at a new East Indian restaurant where we weren't sure what we were eating...but it was good. (eating w hands)


Shirt by Izod ($5.99 at Goodwill) overalls by Carhartt ($47 @ Tractor Supply),
hair by MFH (free)



At Michelle's, I sorted through a box of stuff where I found a picture of myself with Uechi Kamei, grandson of the founder of Uechi-ryu karate. After 10 years of vigorous study, I went to Boston to test for 1st-degree blackbelt...basically, nothing more, at least with my lack of talent, than recognition as a student.





Later, preparing to read stories, I saw this photo of us on an earlier Halloween. Note Michelle's orange leggings, my orange & black bow, purple hair, helmet w flashing red light (from prev year's costume as Crossing Guard for People On Acid), and esp the purple-satin pants. Sophie, in my arms and Leroi, in Michelle's screaming, "Lemme outta here!"



4 comments:

  1. Karate. That's the reason for now weapon. YATW. Regarding the cartoon: If you die, it's unlikely your pet dog will eat you. It will starve first. Your pet cat will begin dining within three days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pictures, the old ones awesome, but the one with the bird in the moon, you are amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bird one is a "still" from a video Kristen took. SHE is awesome!!!

      Delete