Thursday, December 1, 2022

Them Other People

My early years were in Japan & Germany, both countries/cultures immaculately clean. 

Exhorted as we are to embrace diversity, I'm puzzled as to how to respond to behaviors like this? We HAVE laws against dumping, but as an attorney remarked the other day, "Nowadays, everyone is guilty of at least six criminal offenses merely by being where they are."



This is State Trust Land, supposedly accessible by permit only. Several years ago I was confronted by two volunteers out checking campers' permits. I had mine. In decades of camping they were the only ones I've met. And I doubt they had any authority.







It's a third of the distance (from Tucson) to Sahuarita where I've been camping.

4 comments:

  1. I like the remark, everyone is guilty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like.

      I interpreted it as: There are many unenforceable laws.

      Delete
  2. Laws should be nothing more than legislating commonsense for those that don't have any, but then politicians, by definition, don't have any and keep overloading us with more laws just to prove their worth (lessness)

    ReplyDelete