Saturday, November 28, 2020

So Much For Thanksgiving

Glad we got past that! Who wants to be reminded of smallpox-laden blankets, innumerable massacres of women and children, the lopping off of hands and feet of the Acomas. Of course, there's the pie. Not quuuuuuite as effective as heroin, but cheaper...and legal.


I found a couple of people in Tucson who might be interested in Andy's wands.


(Wands is something of a misnomer, but that's what he calls the pear-shaped transducers. They're speakers encased in silicone and are used by placing them on a person's body.)

But his website still needs work so I'm waiting. In the olde days a salesman'd hand youse a brochure; nowadays it's a URL. Without it, I might as well save my breath. Here's what he currently has. I'm renting the wands for $40.00 a month. 

I've been usin' 'em every day for anywhere from 10 tuh 20 minutes and the sciatica is definitely easing off. It's hard tuh accept that something as woo-woo as running a modulating tone through one's body would relieve pain, but when you get to this point you'll try anything. 

I remember when my uncle's 2nd wife was dying of cancer and they tried shark fin, a pyramid (it sharpened his dull razor blades!) and some other stuff. She died anyway. But this is working! And they're a lot less invasive than cortisone shots tuh the spine! (Andy's website)


So I'm headin' north tuh deliver the care-package of art supplies tuh Marie (NONEATALL) in Cottonwood.


It's a bit chillier here at 3660 feet altitude about half way.

3 comments:

  1. Sciatica: ice. no heat. time. avoid further injury.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago when I had similar pain you could have cut anything off to make it go away. My chiropractor saved me buy hooking me up to some sort of primitive thing that sent electrical pulses through me. The notion is that with the injury there is a level of tension that needs to be reduced. Lose weight. Use ice. Most back injuries resolve within a year without invasive treatment. Stretch w/o injuring yourself further.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Art,

      The wands are having an affect. I've been using them every other day for ten to thirty minutes and now, after three weeks, I'm nearly pain free. It's amazing...and even after experiencing it, I don't know what to think. But the pain was getting worse before I started using the wands so I KNOW it didn't "just get better on its own."

      I've been fighting weight gain for nearly 20 years. I was 45 when I suddenly began gaining weight and losing stamina. At the time I was running 4 miles every morning, doing karate 2 hours a day and bicycling 8 miles to and from work. Through sheer force of will I ramped up my exercise but it kept coming.

      Eventually I went to the doctor who diagnosed low thyroid. It's been an ongoing "battle of the bulge" ever since. Now, at age 67, I try and walk some each day and do the best I can with diet. Then the sciatica flared. It impinged on my efforts and would keep me awake at night. The prescribed exercises helped, but it'd get bad when I'd lay down to sleep.

      I just chanced upon Andy & his sound-healing when I rented an AirBnb he manages in Albuquerque. I was skeptical and *still* don't know what to say. But I'm walking more and able to sleep at night.

      Delete