Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Green River, Utah

With full tanks of gas, propane and water, I pulled out of the West Winds Truck Stop. Sunset was almost over and I wasn't real happy with the idea of finding -- in the dark -- the spot I'd picked out 20 miles further. 


On my way arosst I-70, less than a mile from the aforementioned Truck Stop, I decided to "go see." Sure enough, there was a frontage road...and it looked like it went somewhere. Ah, somewhere! Wherefore art thou?


It was barely two miles to A Grand Spot...




with anomalous rocks...and some noise from the nearby freeway. But I didn't have to drive the 20 miles. And this morning I hiked the nearby hills and found these beautiful rocks.




4 comments:

  1. grand indeed! I also just posted on mine, but i assume you will be annoyed, because i could not figure out how my blog worked, it is all kind of screwy. I think people will be annoyed, because what i annoys me on your post, is that you jump from one thought to next and i don't know how you got there.. When writing for others to read, i think we do have the responsibility to make it somewhat comprehensible or otherwise make clear that it is some how not to be understood, just a rambling. I will try to add somesuch explanation on mine, as in not to discourage the reader, but to have patience with me, that with in a few days i hope to come up with a readable post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a tease!! You should be tied up and SPANKED!!

      Delete
  2. So for your post here, do you mean us to not understand what you decided after it was understood by me that 20 miles further was not going to be it. Then you do end up at some grand place, which i don't understand, like did you drive the 20 miles in the dark, did you take a short-cut, did you stop in the dark and woke up in a surprise spot? Forgive me to be a reader, who likes to get the picture, but can't read other peoples minds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the DETAILS are just SO mundane!! Nobody wants to read that!

      I'll make a video.

      Delete