Thursday, November 19, 2020

Gaelynn Lea

 

Sexuality and Disability

You may want to turn on CLOSED CAPTIONING.

It's the small rectangle to the right under the video with CC in it. 




The Long Way Around



Lyrics

When two souls meet
And the whole world feels new
Shared moments sweet
All colors bright and true
And there is laughter
And there are good things growing everywhere
And I’m happy to be in this place with you
And I’m happy to be in this place

You let it out
You laid it all across the table
What’s this about?
And you’re making me unstable
And I don’t want to go down this road with you
No I don’t want to go down this road

I want to go
But I can’t, and I won’t
I’ll learn to sew
Up the wounds that I broke
Open with you
‘Cause I knew, and I chose
And I don’t feel at home in this world anymore
No don’t feel at home in this world

We rein it in
And there is better understanding
Nobody wins
When there is flight without the landing
And we learn
To keep our hearts in time
Try not to burn
The careful ties that bind us together
And I’m taking the long way around with you
I’m taking the long way around
And I’m happy to be in this place with you
And I’m taking the long way around

credits

released September 27, 2019
Gaelynn Lea: Violin / Vocals / Lyrics / Music
Alan Sparhawk: Baritone Guitar
Charlie Parr: Resonator Guitar
Jeremy Ylvisaker: Electric Guitar
David Mehling: Electric Guitar / Harmonium / Piano
Jason McGlone: Synthesizer

Recorded & Edited by Jake Larson at Sacred Heart Music Studio in Duluth, MN
Edited & Mixed by Tucker Martine at Flora Recording & Playback in Portland, OR
Mastered by Robert Hadley at Hadley Mastering in Los Angeles, CA

Executive Producer: Harrison Reiner

license

all rights reserved

3 comments:

  1. Thanks, I enjoyed that a lot and shared the links with Justin. She is a great communicator and shows wisdom about many of the issues that Justin has struggled with. If he won’t listen to me, maybe he will listen to her. I guess that I rarely listened to my parents either. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found it; Michelle Cook sent them to me.

      For several years I had a company that provided after-school programs to Albuquerque Public Schools. In my readings about education I recall seeing the opinion that by the age of 12 children are pretty much self-determined. He added that from that point on all a parent could really do is hope for the best. From what you've written about Allie, Justin and Callie, you've done a great job!

      Delete
  2. The disability video was very good. I am sharing w/ friends.

    ReplyDelete