Thursday, February 20, 2020

ARGON - Painless & Dignified (hopefully)

Over the years I have tested several inert gases including helium, carbon monoxide and nitrogen. I have not tested argon. 

My reason for this post is to alert people to the fact that each of these gases has their own properties and effects. As with drugs, their effect on you may be different. 


Argon filled bottles are available from Cyberweld at: https://store.cyberweld.com/shielgascyl22.html

The dropdown menu for the tank offers two options: one with 25% CO2 and another with 100% argon.


Helium

In 2014, using the exit bag method with a party balloon tank, I opened the valve and let the gas flow unregulated into the bag. Within about a minute I experienced a sensation I describe as having a hive of bees slowly lowered over my head. It was similar to a pins-&-needles sensation and not pleasant. I suppose if you were in a lot of physical pain it might seem relatively minor. Had I continued, I suspect I would have lost consciousness within less than ten minutes. As it was, I had no trouble stopping the process. It was about 8 hours until I recovered my full conscious abilities.


Carbon Monoxide

In the winter of 2015 I was traveling in my 1999 Geo Metro hatchback


I'd read of the Japanese using hibachis in small vehicles as a means of exiting. The carbon monoxide created by the burning charcoal was supposedly very effective. Curious about the effects, I lit both burners of my Coleman camp stove and lay back to wait. In about 20 minutes I felt a very slight pressure in my frontal lobe and grew increasingly sleepy. As I neared losing consciousness, I opened the car door and after a few minutes was able to get up and turn off the stove. The sensation was quite pleasant and I could have easily continued until death. My concern was whether the stove would stop burning once the oxygen was depleted. I have yet to test this. The upsetting effect was it took fully two weeks to regain my mental acuity. I was advised by a physician that exposure to carbon monoxide can cause permanent damage.


In March of 2020 I had a heart attack. The pain was excruciating! Unwilling to undergo the experience a second time I purchased a tank of nitrogen and using a regular set at a flow rate of 16 psi, tested it. I did not follow any guidelines such as preliminary hyperventilation, simply donned a mask connected to the regulator and opened the valve. Within five minutes I felt a sense of increasing lightheadedness that I felt had I continued would have progressed to a mild state of euphoria. There was no discomfort. After about 10 minutes I closed the valve and within two hours had regained my (allegedly) normal mental capabilities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment