Saturday, February 29, 2020

The itys....Sustainability und Frugality

Among my myriad proclivities is an appreciation of frugality and sustainability. This doesn't mean penuriousness, but more, I like to think, NOT penny wise and pound foolish.

I cook on a two-burner propane stove, but coffee gets brewed on a smaller device.

Upset by the incredible waste of steel, labor etc. contained within the green disposable canisters, I purchased two adapters that enable refilling them from my 1.1 gallon tank.


The Brass Piece In the Middle






 Link to brass adapter










An $11.00 mini stove  (no longer available) from China that's been working fine for two years. There're HUNDREDS of others to choose from.



The 3rd item, the silver part below, adapts the bottle to the stove. It's a hefty $25.00. Perhaps you can find it cheaper.



Then, of course, there's the IMUSA stove-top espresso maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment