Tuesday, July 2, 2019

South of Tensleep

After gassing up in Shoshoni, we drove a few miles up CR-82 from Moneta. We had a beautiful camp and enjoyed the day lounging and watching the sun go over.

After a day of rest, we continued north. The countryside is beautiful and we had the road nearly to ourselves. But around three o'clock I hit a wall of tired. We'd struck pavement about 20 minutes earlier so I put the hammer down and once within cell service dialed up OnXmaps and found us some BLM....with a nice view no less.

After some spaghetti and rum-spiked Blockhouse smoothie (awful!) we enjoyed the freshening winds as a storm passed nearby....helping to cool the tempers.

She collapsed.

I heated water for a bird bath -- under the wings and behind the tail -- and a shave; I have yet to meet the woman who enjoys a brillo pad between her legs.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, I get jealous every time I read about someone in the Bighorns. Love that area.

    ReplyDelete