Friday, July 26, 2019

It's Always Something

Coming down from the north I had to pass through Mirror Lake Recreation Area. Renowned for its lakes, they charge a fee if you stop...anywhere.

It's also the summer home for many people and is camped to the hilt. Even atop the rockiest 4wd roads there're entire families with picnic tables, dhawgs and, no doubt, TV.

And with all the standing water come mosquitoes. And in places there're not only mosquitoes, but gnats.

So, I ate part of the chili and set the can on the seat for later.






Not watching as I was laying out the sleeping bag, it flopped over and tipped the can.




It can wait 'til morning.


4 comments:

  1. I hate when that happens. My nemesis is wet coffee grounds spilled in places where they ought not to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How do these things HAPPEN?! I mean, we were once proFESSIONals!

      Delete
  2. Last time I was through there (May 2014) the campgrounds were were under several feet of snow. No crowds. No chili.

    ReplyDelete