Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Let It Rain

Sometimes this itchy-feet thing gets a little nerve-rattling. I rarely look at weather predictions, they're often akin to astrology....great when accurate; not so much when off. 

Having read about the rain, I contemplated doing what Rolling Steel Tent did. A couple of weeks ago, when the forecasters were warning, I headed west, into the oncoming storm, and made a narrow escape from four or five days of SNOW! (See: When Old Man Winter...)

Whilst perusing the map I recognized a place that'd earlier caught my eye. Several miles into it I came up against a wall:
PRIVATE PROPERTY NEXT 8 MILES NO CAMPING.

I'd come five and another eight was too far. It was a good time to water the lawn. There in the dark, lightning let me know hit whar uh-comin'. Hmmmm.

I knew a spot about 15 miles away and headed back toward the highway. Entreating the goddess to work her magic, I'd noticed the big turnout on my way in but this time decided to have a look.  A small track went behind the dirt pile and continued further. Some reflective cones beckoned. And there, barely discernible in the dark, was a two-track into the wilds. And it lead to the prettiest little grassy spot you can imagine. I put out my gnomes and mushrooms, greeted everyone around and was in turn acknowledged with a coyote chorus.


And the stars continued to shine until it was time to sleep.

Home!

2 comments:

  1. It took an extra day for my sky too clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rats! I was hoping you've been wriggling with self-satisfaction but ready to tell me it was all gonna be okay.

      This weather is getting boooOOOORRRiiingg.

      Delete