Saturday, October 22, 2022

Takin' Care of Bidness (TMI WARNING!!)

With the increasing cost of food & gas I looked around for ways to save. The bidet was a real discovery but setting it up proved to be too much trouble. 

But what led me to it, the bidet, that is, besides The Millionairess having had one, was reading about the Mideastern disgust at our method, of smearing it around. So, it finally dawned on me the reason they shake hands with their left is cuz they use the other to wipe themselves and maybe they don't have so much soap und wasser.

It's taken a bit of doing to overcome the aversion and some innovation to substitute for the bidet, but I'm proud to say that, on average, I'm now saving about ten dollars a month on toilet paper.



Through the use of a two-liter bottle as the main reservoir and an enema bottle in lieu of the bidet, nearly all residual material is eliminated; a few swipes of the fingers augmented with a steady stream from the nozzle-bottle and...voila! (The bidet was truly revelatory. It is astonishing how nearly all just rinses off if you don't "smear it around.")

A bowl of water and soap at camp to wash up afterward and we're good as new.

There is, of course, the need for a larger area since the spritzing (that's a German word) and swiping, when done properly, involve a bit more body action and "spray" than mere sitting. Thus, it behooves one to have some elbow room...and, at least in some places, to keep in mind that we all do it (no self-consciouseness).


Elbow Room &
Phoebe


Photo by She-of-the-Capri

6 comments:

  1. My first reaction is 'too much information' but Howard Stern once went into some detail about 'smearing it around.' He felt that gross and showered after each elimination. It will be difficult to not unintentionally eat shit at some point. Try saving $5/month on T.P. or just do as most do and steal it from gas station rest room. If you chose to live other than in the desert other 'at hand' organics work in lieu of convention, as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was/am totally sold on the Clear Rear device. Using it convinced me that a directed spray of water does wonders leaving virtually nothing. The fact that bidets aren't in every home is, to my way of thinking, yet another example of Americans' staid and stubborn attitudes toward anthing *they* haven't thought of. I'm amazed it took me as long as it has to catch on.

      Delete
  2. Thank you, for bringing it up. I will not go in to too much detail of my method ( for the sake of TMI), but for me now winter is here and the woodstove is always on, which for us means warm water is always available. I always find (water bidet or spray bottle) cold water, maybe exciting, but really a bit too jarring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree the cold water is a bit unpleasant. So...there are other benefits - warm water -- to in winter besides its beauty

      Delete
  3. https://smile.amazon.com/Portable-Number-one-Handheld-Personal-Postpartum/dp/B08BNQVFYW/ref=mp_s_a_1_12?crid=35MO2JW0NTWQK&keywords=nozzle+spray+rinse+bidet+manual&qid=1667977629&sprefix=nozzle+spray+rinse+bidet+manual%2Caps%2C195&sr=8-12

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anon!

      Thank you for this. It never occurred to me there might be something out there.

      Delete