Thursday, October 13, 2022

Antelope

Somehow, things got serious. Part of it was not feeling the ground as I walked to the library...I was sloating: sliding & floating. Bizarre (it wasn't an LSD day).

Then, there was a gorgeous Black woman, a bit older (within my age range, but in beautiful condition) at the park. She was washing some clothes at the spigot when I came up. We said hello and I went back for the other jugs. When she finished she went to her car, opened the doors, put on some music and started dancing. She was wearing tight, turquoise short shorts and a white top with spaghetti straps that came just below her breasts. One of the straps languished on a bicep.

I can only heft one jug at a time so was making several trips. On one of my runs she turned her back toward me and moved her derrière in a most pleasing manner. I've hired help in the past so knew I couldn't afford her; it was enough to make an old man cry.


Youngsters keeping a safe distsnce


After being involved with Western Watersheds Project it's impossible not to notice the (lack of) available forage. There's so little I began composing my letter to BLM and everyone else. In it I thought how I'd mention all the other animals we could have if we got rid of the cows: antelope, bison, badgers, prairie dogs, snakes, hawks, innumerable rodents, owls.

This morning when I sat up to look at the light there was a "herd," seven or eight, nearby. They're known for being curious and over the next half hour they all, except two youngsters, kept moving closer. I lapsed into mythos and imagined they came to let me know that even though I'm too poor to hire help, they're here.



It heard the click of the camera as I turned the video on and off.

4 comments:

  1. There is a point where any movement is appreciated...regardless of 'market rate.'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was very appreciative of her freebie.

      I *still* haven't gotten over her. It is an indicator of how out of sorts I was that I didn't even ask for "a picture for my blog."

      Delete
  2. that is beautiful, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a lucky man. And a big part was meeting you. xxooxx

      Delete