Thursday, August 26, 2021

'satiable Curtiosity

Milford, Utah is down the street from Great Basin National Park. After several days in the wilds I HAD to go see. Not that I really WANTED or NEEDED anything, but my cat-like nature has to have its way.

Inside, a man in his eighties who was restocking the shelves inquired about my condition. I allowed as how it was moderately fine...and thus we commenced.

I missed the turn indicator, but his segue into his move to California came with an aphorism from his dad: They could cut off Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm and Sea World and let the rest of California go off into the ocean.

I rejoined with the joke: First prize in the lottery is a week in Disneyland. Second prize is TWO WEEKS in Disneyland!

He laughed.

He said he'd taken the job and moved there, to California, but couldn't make enough money to leave. I was afraid to ask how he'd found his way to Milford.

He seemed proud that Milford has the nation's largest pig farm. "It's Smithfield," he said. The smell wafts o'er the entire town. (Sunshine Market is at the far end.) 

At one time I'd entertained the idea of pig farming. As a child, we heard that horses are smarter than dogs and pigs are smarter than horses. Thus, Lassie had to be a pig in a dog suit. 

Later, when I read sows are capable of innumerable orgasms I decided I didn't have the heart to spoil their fun. I still wonder why they only studied female pigs. I surmise the male researchers (there were only men doing research in those days) preferred to remain ignorant. 



The aisles were wide, like the streets. I suspect it's a Mormon town. But it was entertaining for a few minutes...and I found a rib-eye -- only slightly green -- marked down to $5.00. Aged beef ist Sehr Gut! Yah!

https://sunshinemarketmilford.com/   



1 comment:

  1. The myth/reality of the pig erection. We are inadequate.

    ReplyDelete