Friday, July 16, 2021

Sam Lewis' Grave

I may have to admit I'm recovering. I text my camp coordinates to Michelle whenever I can, but today I walked (not quuuuuiiite a hike) from the east parking lot to the dargah (shrine) over/around Sam Lewis' grave.




I took some acid around 10:30 and  pulled into a platz soon thereafter.


I'd a whole LIST of things to do and see, but The CATS were foremost. Scouring the junk pile I found a length of rope I thought to maybe trade with the shop foreman for some string.


There was a young woman working with an orbital sander who didn't know where the string was. But it wasn't long afore hit showed hitse'f. 


No foreman so I just left the rope on the pile of others.


Only two of The Cats were around.  (see prev post) One showed me the empty bowls. I had to admit it looked as if it'd been at least three weeks since it'd eaten, but the other was quite rounded so it was hard to believe the first. We played awhile and after bantering with Alex a bit, I strolled on.



Sam Lewis lies here,

but as far as I know he told the truth.

(it's the acid...I couldn't pass it up!)




The Pattern Caster



Columns from India





Hand-carved Corbels










Stuffed back in amongst the scrub oak, next to the splitting log was an olde Sam.



But the cats didn't care. They're Cats!



I locked myself out. Usually, when circumstances arise, I make coffee. I stopped coffee a couple of months ago so there was nothing for it but to just sit down. After a bit I found a length of aluminum tubing with which, once bent, I was able to work through the slightly open window and push the unlock button. Kidneys, maaaan!


No comments:

Post a Comment