Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Move Along There, Buddy

Their timing was a little off as I was just prepping for my baahhth and had nothing on but my tighty-whiteys. But when I asked, they obligingly turned their backs whilst I pulled my pants on. It wasn't that I was embarrassed, it's just, you know, the 68-year-old "physique" could, actually, be offensive to some.



It seems the threat of fire has become too much and they decided to close the forests in Arizona.
When I mentioned I'd been thinking of going up to the North Rim, they said the Kaibab was closed too. They suggested Utah, Colorado or even New Mexico.

As it is, Phoebe's been making some odd noises in the area of her timing belt (you know...down THERE!) and I'd been thinking of taking a room at the hotel. I called TAG Automotive in Flagstaff (highly recommended) but they were booked out two weeks. So, it made sense -- may the godz have mercy, I said I'd NEVER go back -- to return to her regular mechanic in ALBUQUERQUE.







I'll borrow the 2008 Honda FIT from the family and use it while Phoebe gets whatever needs doing done. The Jemez Mountains are beautiful this time of year.


No comments:

Post a Comment