Sunday, June 20, 2021

Missed the Munch



It's been an exciting time here in Flagstaff.


I got some new hose for the bidet; the first stuff got kinky. I found Stories and Poems for Extremely Intelligent Children of All Ages by Harold Bloom ("What're you gonna do with that?" you ask),




and Sacred Sexuality by A. T. Mann & Jane Lyle.




I got the food and water restocked/resupplied...and couldn't do the munch. Below is what I posted to my blog on Fetlife.

Title: Missed the Munch

Well, I just couldn't do it.

After driving all the way around the Grand Staircase-Escalante National monument -- instead of going back the way I came which was up through the middle from Big Water to Escalante and was what I had intended to do, but didn't FULLY trust Phoebe's repair -- to attend the Flagstaff Kinkster's Munch yesterday evening, when I saw all those people, none of whom was wearing a mask, and although there was a nice-looking group settling into a sortof separate area (it might be them!), everyone was seated shoulder-to-shoulder and I had to face the fact that I live the way I do because I prefer one-on-one interactions (and elbow room) and actually have an aversion to places like Taverna. (How's THAT for a Proustian sentence?)

But, of course, never having SEEN the place I had no way of knowing. As it was, when I got back to camp, the moon was out and the temperature was just right for enjoying some beer while making dinner and then a bit more WITH dinner. And in spite of missing out on making some new acquaintances and possibly a friend or two, it was a beautiful evening. But if you're out there...please don't hesitate.


Pathetique, eh? Ah, well. "One is what one is. The essential doesn't change." (From Waiting For Godot by Samuel Beckett)

No comments:

Post a Comment