Thursday, April 8, 2021

SNOW!!

So, I had in mind to go to the Taos steppe, but a little voice said, "That's a bit too far north; it's still winter up there." So, after passing through Española when I saw the sign for Abiquiu I made a u-turn and went. It was only a few miles over to the other highway and soon I was in the land of Georgia O'Keefe. Pedernal, the prominent peak in the area, has a pretty ring of snow around its neck and the Jemez mountains -- on the distant horizon the south -- are snow-capped. If you look closely at the image below, you can (barely) see 'em.


 



Last Fall I had difficulty breathing at 6,800 feet of elevation. This patch of snow was somewhere around 7,500+ and thanks to the meds, I'm doing okay. I wasn't gonna run anywhere, but I could walk a bit. It's interesting watching one's self adapt to the limitations; it taking some head-work to accept that I can't run anymore.

I remember a conversation several years ago with a guy whose comment on my lifestyle was, "You must not have any health issues." At the time I didn't. Now I know what he was saying. I have to be back Monday to meet with the eye doc on Tuesday...about the hole in my left cornea.


Blah, blah, blah. It's a blog...a web log. A handy reminder. Not for your "reading pleasure."

4 comments:

  1. Good day to all am From USA..Texas am so happy sharing this great testimony on here, I was diagnose of Stage IV colon cancer.i was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously i came Across Dr Itua herbal center the powerful herbal doctor that Cure Numerous Diseases such as-Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis,Brain Tumor,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone ToxicityBladder cancer,Brain cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma
    Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors
    Non-Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Pancreatic Cancer,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
    Testicular cancer,Tach Diseases,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Throat cancer,
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresS sclerosis,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma Infectious mononucleosis. ,I contacted him based on the testimonies I?m seeing about him on the internet, I was cured too by him, kindly contact him today through his email he can help you. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com web and his herbal medicines will set you free from any human diseases,all thank you Dr Itua herbal center for your kind help in my life. His Mobile number Whatsapp.+2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Thank you, thank you, thank you, Sensei Sadiku!!!

      I DO love it when someone leaves a comment! You know, I'm out here in the wilderness all alone and dying -- ever so slowly -- of heart failure and I KNOW no one cares and here you come with your wonderful advice!

      Oh, god, I can hardly STAND IT!!! I think I'm just gonna pee my pants!

      Thank you, thank you, thank you!

      Oh! And I DO hope you have a really NICE day!

      Delete
  2. After some hunting I found Dr. Itua's Wordpress site. He's also on Facebook, of course.

    https://doctoritua.wordpress.com/

    Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOPS! I assumed Sadiku was an Asian surname. It now appears it's Gambian. My apologies to all Asians...and Gambians.

    ReplyDelete