Saturday, April 17, 2021

MOAB - It Ain't Whut hit Ustuh Be

 This just in...


Arches National Park has, this morning, already reached capacity. I came back at noon and it was still completely full....no admittance until someone leaves. 

I went south to Hole In the Wall Rest Area.  Between Arches and Hole in the Wall there were four accidents; two were bad. 

Coming back from Hole In The Wall I pulled over in Moab to FaceTime with Martha.  While we were talking I saw two more (accidents).  About 30 minutes later a helicopter landed by the first.

There's a lot of construction and traffic is slow. Unfortunately, peoples' response is to drive more aggressively...passing illegally, following too close, honking their horns.  In addition, there are a lot of ATVs and dirt bikes.   

In an effort to ameliorate, the powers that be are diverting people from Arches to Canyonlands. I'M  going back to my camp. It's time for some serious map perusal and an escape route.

Then there's this...

City council tries to hammer out a noise ordinance local businesses can accept

Anastasia Hufham, Moab Sun News  Updated 

No comments:

Post a Comment