Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Speth's *Angels By the River*

This sorta follows on the prev post.


Convinced that my time had run out and that I'm likely tuh drop at any moment, I ramped up my readings by and about folks who I thought might offer insights. Our culture, lacking in so many ways, offers even less in: how tuh die.

I think it was in Muraresku's The Immortality Key (The 1st half is interesting with many references to archeological sites, but then devolves into the history of christianity.) that I saw mention of Speth. I got his memoir and in the last chapter he gets specific. Herewith...


Cameron is his spouse.






For those who haven't indulged, allow me to commend Maslow to you. His stuff is, nowadays, kinda olde hat, but if you haven't read it, it fits nicely against the scientific dichotomies THEY so enjoy. (Maslow seemed to know that if you watch the experiment it skews the results. It took the scientists a bunch more years to prove it.)And his Religions, values, and peak experiences dovetails with the resurging interest in entheogens.




No comments:

Post a Comment