Saturday, January 9, 2021

Laura Cunningham - A State Of Change

 Laura Cunningham is Western Watersheds Project's California Director


Her book, now out of print, A State of Change: Forgotten Landscapes of California, is the culmination of over 20 years of research into what the state may have looked like before The Incursion (BTI).



Published in 2010, the book is illustrated with MANY of her exquisite oil paintings.  


The webinar was hosted (January 6, 2021) by the Mount Diablo Interpretive Association.

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting presentation, especially the art involving the grizzlies. It left me wishing that I had hiked more in the East Bay when I lived out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it.

      When did you live in the East Bay?

      Delete
    2. During the mid 1980's, I lived in Berkeley and Oakland (Rockridge) while working in San Francisco and Walnut Creek.

      Delete
    3. Do you miss it?

      San Francisco ties w Chicago as my fav city. Such diversity!

      And Calif's beauty, as you probably know, is unparalelled.

      Delete
    4. I have great memories of Manchester on the north coast, Lassen, and Strawberry Canyon. Things have changed a lot in 35 years. There are so many new places that I want to explore. I agree that California is an incredibly beautiful and diverse place.

      Delete