Saturday, August 1, 2020

Pipe Spring National Monument

I stopped at Pipe Spring Natl Mon to get water. Autumn, a Ranger, came out to meet me on the front stoop, saying they weren't, due to Covid, letting people inside. She waved a brochure which she said had been disinfected and went on to try and regale me with the travesties of the Mormon Incursion. They'd built their effing brick edifice atop the spring so only THEY could get to the water. Autumn said the water in the restrooms (at the Visitor's Center) was partially Pipe Spring water and the hose down at the Chevron was definitely from Pipe Spring....but I couldn't find it, the hose, that is. Still, the water from the myriad spigots was good.

Lately, when asked how I am I've begun telling folks I'm dying. Some folks say: "That's nice." Others just say, "Oh." Some ask how it feels.

Each day has been slightly more difficult -- mostly in terms of energy -- but when I rejoined to Autumn's inquiry she took it in stride. Always one to pry, I asked about her heritage. She'd been raised by her grandmother, a Ute, and told how the Ute's have a different perspective on death than the Kaibab Paiute (who apparently "claim," with a BIG sign, Pipe Spring Natl Monument).

She said the Ute believe that everything is comprised of energy and interconnected. And when we die our "shell" dies but our energy continues on just as it always has. I like the idea and on the spot, similar to "converting" to LBJ (Lead-Better Johnson's), I adopted it on the spot.

There was a garden out back that had this bit of rock art.
I didn't see any

6 comments:

  1. So will your energy transposed continue to post, camp, review grounded artists, etc., or will that be it. No more posts. I could go back through all your posts and attempt to reconstruct a medical file. Knowing that the 'downward spiral' (as my doctor calls it) started with a heart attack or similar have you dismissed or missed options for invasive improvements?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several post scheduled...all, at present, post-demise; one on my birthday 12/24/20, another on 12/27/20 and he final 1/1/21.

      Though I've heard and read accounts of apparitions I have yet to hear of any posting to their blogs. As fara as camping, etc., I'm not ruling anything out. I am, after all...MFH!

      Dates of posts are, of course, subject to change.

      Delete
  2. I am reminded of a blog I followed call something like 'grouchy old man' 'man in a broken bus' who had traveled to his favorite place in the U.S., the bus broke down and then he lived in it for ten or fifteen years. One day his post was jibberish, worse than a Trump free form speech. All the comments were of the theme "You need to see a doctor NOW." That was his last post. The energy leaving must have nurtured the jibberish. You don't have a lot of people commenting. You might want to read your own posts as an 'energy departing' check.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ART!!

    You think my jibberish is becoming more pronounced?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a medical professional. Your posts are far ranging, articulate and normally contain complete sentences, interesting photography and engaging snippets from real world art. Short answer, 'no.' I'm see if I can find the dead guy's last post which was interesting in that all of the wiring in his brain was shorting out. It was a long post, probably two hundred words of nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who are you?

      Where are you?

      You're one of the few I've wanted to meet.

      Delete