Saturday, August 29, 2020

Let's Not Complicate (Awwww, MaaaAAAANNN!)

A chiropractor friend referred me to his teacher, Dr. Zhau, a renowned herbalist in Santa Fe. In my second attempt to schedule an appointment I was surprised when Dr. Zhau himself came on the line.

He affirmed that the herbs my friend had suggested were a good choice but when I explained I was interested to learn if there was anything else HE might add, he, facetiously referencing my aforementioned heritage, said that despite my proclivities, he didn't want to complicate things. I quickly shifted into "whine-and-complain mode," but he, completely unimpressed, insisted I wait several months to see the results of the recently added Fu Fang Dan Shen Pian.

But the wonderful kicker was the way he closed the discussion. It took a second iteration for me to catch the word; the accent was unusual (I think he's originally from somewhere in China), but the humor was unmistakable! "Danke," he said. "Bitte! Bitte schon!" I replied, as we hung up.

Highly recommended! WEBSITE


No comments:

Post a Comment