Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Aloysius & They Got Me Under Pressure

It was July of 2017 that Aloysius said, "Hey! Over here!" from next to the dumpster behind the local theater in Murphys, California. (Read his history here.)

Much like The Velveteen Rabbit, his stuffing is coming out and his paint is peeling, but he's still there by the lap-pool, gazing over the now-verdant fields...to see what unfolds.







I have an appointment with a good German-named woman, Mary Ruehl, at Pima Heart tomorrow. It's at the point where getting up to go to the bathroom gets me panting....and not in a good way. I had thought to just let it takes it's course, but they, the women, have "got me under pressure" - ZZ Top.

She likes wearin' lipstick, she likes French cuisine
But she won't let me use my passion unless it's in a limousine

She got me under pressure,
She got me under pressure

She likes the art museum, she don't like Pavlov's dog
She fun at the mind museum, she likes it in a London fog
She don't like other women, she likes whips and chains
She likes cocaine and flippin' out with great Danes
She's about all I can handle, it's too much for my brain

It's got me under pressure
It's got me under pressure

I'm gonna give her a message
Here's what I'm gonna say
"It's all over"
She might get out a nightstick
And hurt me real real bad
By the roadside in a ditch
It's got me under pressure
It's got me under pressure
It's got me under pressure
It's got me under pressure
Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: Billy Gibbons / Dusty Hill / Frank Beard

Got Me Under Pressure lyrics © BMG Rights Management

This is the 777th post.

3 comments:

  1. Why, I had no idea that you had befriended a frog named Aloysius. Who created this magnificent creature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The young woman who took my $30 donation for him said he was made for a play about Mark Twain. Murphys is in Calaveras County.

      Unfortunately, I didn't think to get details about his birthing. You should've seen me trying to hoist him atop Phoebe. Luckily, Kristen had room in the back of her pickup where he was a great conversation starter.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the heart thing. Hope the news is good.

    ReplyDelete