Friday, March 6, 2020

Morning Tableau


My beloved coffee cup, the small, white porcelain type used in diners in the fifties, fell onto the rocks and broke. The herring jar is filling in during the interim. You can see a small bit of the Imusa Stove Top Espresso Maker behind the jar.





In the late afternoon I thought to do a small amount of LSD; perhaps I'd be able to discern the source of the angina. It was too small a dose (I'm still experimenting), but I enjoyed a pleasant evening listening to music. There were a few old favorites, Wooden Ships by Jefferson Airplane (I love the creaking at the beginning), but much was Amy Turk, harpist.



Safe Home





Drink To the Dead




Her Fugue in D Minor is extraordinary, as is her Claire de Lune.

 Muse's (not sure if they're "metal") Plug In Baby, and others, are also lovely.




Jim Cooper was the first and only person I've seen on foot in the week I've been here. I was so astonished I accosted him to hear his story. He said he's always enjoyed walking, as did his wife, but her health now keeps her from it.




He said March is the best month for wildflowers in Arizona; from Canmore, just east of Banff, his wife had grown tired of the winters there so they now live on Vancouver Island.

It was fun recalling my drive up the Trunk Road on the east side of the Rockies and resupplying in Canmore. I lucked out when I contacted the Canadian Department of Tourism about driving to Palmer, Alaska in 2010. Hearing of my aesthetic, the fellow told of a dirt road that runs up the east side of the Rockies....the Trunk Road. There were days, I took over a week getting to Canmore, when I saw only one or two other vehicles. But lots of trees (Ugh!). But the QUIET!!!! I can't commend it enough...but it is "The Wilds," so be prepared.

It feels as if my window, which wasn't really dirty to begin with, has been "freshened." There's a clarity that enabled me to notice the little purple flowers (lpfs) that were so profuse yesterday when Jim stopped by, are there but closed up, something I guess they do for the night.

Morning Vignette




The LPFs opened up with the morning sun. It's a purple profusion non-pareil!

1 comment: