Friday, October 25, 2019

Blanding Adventure

Leaving camp yesterday morning, I tore off the front bumper getting through the ditch next to the road. (see prev blogpost)



In town I stopped at Eric's place for propane.



When he asked how things were going I told him. In spite of my whining about being poor, he darn near insisted I go see Ivan at CARRSHOP. 




At CARRSHOP, 



two young men said Ivan was away but would be back soon. I decided to risk it and explained the situation. The next thing I knew, Jackson, in the white t-shirt, and Braxton, in black, 



were going to town on the car as if their lives depended on it. 

Over the next twenty minutes I watched as they power-sawed off a bolt that someone else had put in before and was impeding their progress. It was amazing to watch a team who really know their stuff.

Ivan showed up just as they finished. 



When I asked about payment Ivan referred me back to the two. In the interests of helping them make some REAL money next time, I'll not disclose what we settled on. But The Scvoog is now, once again, proudly sporting his frontice piece.


Good As New




And we're thinking mayyyyyyybe of staying off "the dirt."

Mil Gras, guys!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yup. I forgot to ask if they do other repairs. Looked like mostly bodywork.

      Almost to Holbrook, heading for Mt. Graham west of Safford. 'Sposed to be 80 during the day and 40 at night for next week or so.

      Delete
    2. Oh god, now you've got me worried. It COULD have been Monticello; all these Mromon towns look alike.

      Delete
  2. 2/2/23 Update on Carrshop location - I googled Carrshop, Blanding, UT and it came right up.

    ReplyDelete