Thursday, June 27, 2019

Golden Spliffoes Fill Your Eyes

Early in our courtship, testing my worthiness, Ms. Cook suggested in her inimitably sweet way, that I  create a new cat-part word. Over the preceding months I'd learned how she and her brother had developed an extensive nomenclature of/for cat-parts, so this was no small matter.

We were southbound on interstate 25 about to enter what's known as THE BIG I -- the interchange for Interstate 40 and Interstate 25, the place where ALL the Mexican ground-based drug traffic gets routed to the rest of the country. It's interesting.

In those days, 28 years ago, it was an aerial maze laden with skid marks and deep scars in the concrete barrier that (sometimes) kept vehicles from plunging the 200 feet to the ground.

As I began the approach to the I-40 westbound onramp, it came to me....SPLIFFOES!! The poochy part of a cat's face where their whiskers come out. She was impressed. The rest is history.




4 comments:

  1. Shamus is proud to have his tender visage grace this post, and be the ultimate illustration for "spliffoes". And he likes hugs and kisses, just like you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, he IS a handsome lad...

      and

      Oh, Tee-Hee, you make me blush!

      Delete
  2. https://www.hartz.com/the-story-behind-your-cats-whiskers/

    Whisker pads.

    ^ ^

    They found nothing better to call them than that.

    Perhaps they need(ed) to ask you before deciding a name. :)

    ReplyDelete