Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Eli Ridgecock - Dog Musher

You just never know who yer gonna meet!

Discouraged at the number of folks camped along the La Plata River (Due north of Hesperus, Cah-low-ray-doe), I shifted into 4 whl lo and sidled up FR 792. There, as I was settling in, I was startled by someone running by!

On his way down I learned it was non other than Eli Ridgecock, renowned dog-musher. Formerly of Fairbanks, Alaska, he's now with Durango Dog Ranch, a dog-sledding adventure company.


Those white patches in the background are snow



After 'splainin' their provenance, Eli agreed to take the 9mm bullets I'd found out near Gallup the other day (any weight, besides my own, is too much). There were 60 regular and one hollow point and two and a half boxes of 22 long rifle. All worth about $35.00 including tax. That's them he's holding.

I couldn't bring myself to leave them or throw them away. The magic marker reads: "From California Can't Take Home"





Such a purty box! And along with the bullets there were several half-liter water bottles and a beer can or two (all perforated).




2 comments:

  1. Apropos of nothing:

    https://sofarfromheaven.com/2018/03/28/two-rich-men-and-the-eye-of-a-needle-philosophy-by-limerick/

    ReplyDelete