Thursday, June 13, 2019

Abiding By the Law

Having my 2nd pot interrupted by the authorities didn't help. They came, like LDS door-knockers, to educate me that "You're not allowed to camp between highway 160 and Big Meadows Reservoir." It's to preserve the river's sanctity. (The South Fork of the Rio Grand flows out of the reservoir.)

I'm all for the sanctity of rivers, but the stance they both struck was straight out of central casting. Hers was wide, wider even that John Wayne's. He, along with width, hooked his thumbs in his pants above his belt, close to where the holster might've hung had he had one. I almost laughed aloud; wondering if they're taught "intimidating" poses as part of their training.

I need to drop another pant size before I can -- once again -- fit my lederhosen (mine come to just above the knee). But you can see I'm ready with my visage.





"I haff cum to inform yew zat your nayberz haff complaint!! Yer grass ist vun quarter inch too long! By sundown....or ELSE!" der Burgermeister sed. Und he huffed off to haf anudder schtein uf beer. Ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment