Friday, January 25, 2019

Yesteryear's Dream Car - 1986 Tercel

Whilst packing for the hike, I chanced to see it go by. Once at the trailhead, I took photos and admired its timeless lines and aged patina. Fine condition, complete with aerial.



Ambling up the trail I knew the two portly dudes weren't the owners; they'd gone by on foot several hours earlier. But it was interesting to learn they'd parked down at the pavement and frequently made the 11-mile round-trip from there to the towers at the top of the hill. And they were loping along like they'd just started out. So much for stereotyping pot-bellies.

When Kevin came along he said he can't go anywhere...everyone knows it's him. He said a lot of folks laugh, but it gets him there. A friend bought it from the original owner; he gave him $900.00 a few years ago.



Renowned for their longevity and mileage, I allowed as how it had once been my dream car. But I never saw one for sale. Instead, I settled for a series of Datsun B210 hatchbacks. You can see the brown one in the background of my Google profile picture here.

No comments:

Post a Comment