Saturday, October 6, 2018

Eastward Ho! Arnold and The Sheriff

According to Google MAPS, it's three hours from Menlo Park to Arnold. I used 7.

The Sheriff woke me at two (a.m.) to let me know there were alot of stolen cars being left in the area. After about 20 minutes he and his partner went on their way. Unperturbed, but fully awake, it was 5 before I got back to sleep.

In the morning I was tired and had to skip the 25th Annual Grape Stomp & Street Faire in Murphys. But I managed to get packed and spend a pleasant hour in the late afternoon visiting with Kenn Louie.

Less than five miles up the hill, not much past Calaveras Big Trees State Park, the temp began dropping. So much so I came back down.

Not much dispersed camping in these he'ar hills.

But it's amazing to once again be able to see!

2 comments:

  1. As i understand from this post, you had your eye surgery, and it was successful. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! It's a WHOLE new perspective!

      Delete