Saturday, October 27, 2018

Both Sides Now...well, in a few days

A couple of years ago I got off the freeway to pee. Whilst zipping up, a fellow stopped and asked if I'd been up the road. As we learned from the trial of that basketballer, always best to deny it; I did.

He said they'd gone up to see the train and I should too! Ever eager to heed advice, I went.

The next encounter asked if I'd seen the thatch-roofed yurts on stilts along the edge of the bayou. He added that the water came halfway up the cab but they'd made it across. (The tales people tell!) But it sounded intriguing. Somehow I got lost and, running low on fuel and supplies, had to go back.

Then, I ferget when hit wuz perzackly, she and I spent several days a few miles north of the Intrastate 'miring the scenery. But we never got much further.

This time I hope to make it through to Caliente. THEN, having discovered how differeny everythin' looks when coming fum duh udder way, I'll return by the same route.




Ah'm tellin' yew, dispiddlin'izduhbomb!

N37.07339  -W114.34544  Elev:  3142'

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Now if I could just have even a SMALL portion of you'n Bobbies' stamina....!

      Delete