Monday, September 17, 2018

Two Women

The First: General Store
Dark-haired Gypsy when I asked about the price of the creamcheese she said, "For you, Darlin', this afternoon, a dollar." The term of endearment brought up my skeptical fur, but when she sweetly placed her hand under mine as she gave me my change, I fell in love. I admit it, I nearly nearly swooned when I looked closer and beheld the line of amethysts adorning her left lobe. Staggering to the car, I imaged it'd be like this Pepe Le Pew cartoon.






The Second: Summerdale C.G.
Sometimes I ask before helping myself, but there wasn't a vehicle in the camp host's drive. The water soon appeared as did a trash bin. On my way out a large white something-er-other stopped. We backed up and she identified herself as the one in charge and asked if I was camping. I said no, I had just gotten water and asked if that was okay? She said it was fine and added she'd been at the lake all day (If you got it, flaunt it!).

She told of dispersed camping just up the road and said to come back for water anytime.

WHERE would we BE without them?

No comments:

Post a Comment