Monday, September 3, 2018

Jonathan of Alpha Road

I got a late start and it was nearing dark as I sat recording the coordinates of a potential campsite,.

Jonathan pulled up on his ATV and asked if I'd camped there the night b4. It seems the folks'd gone off and left live embers. As the caretaker of a nearby conference center, he'd had to make numerous trips using an open five-gallon bucket to be sure it was out.

When I asked if he knew if Skillman Campground had water he said he wasn't sure, but he did. He told how the water had been channeled down hand-dug ditches to fuel the nozzles of hydraualic mining. The debris flows, in the mid-1800s, impacted Sacramento so badly they outlawed the technique. But it's still good drinking.



Thanks, Jonathan!

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely come check this place again with some other awesome friends of mine! It's one of best places for having a good time with a joyous feeling. And event venue Atlanta fascinates me with its great style and vibrant atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lone Facet,

      It's beautiful country, isn't it?

      Thx 4 link to Atlanta; looks like an interesting place!

      Delete