Thursday, September 20, 2018

I Don't Know If You Didn't See the Sign...

he was referring to the Road Closed sign a couple of miles back and quite beneficently wasn't actually asking.

I HAD seen the sign but chose to think there'd be another...more specific. But it seems there'd been a fire and they meant the WHOLE road. So, I packed up and left.

Fortunately, the C.G. host at Summerdale C.G. had told of a spot where there was/is dispersed. These fires are really bitin' intuh muh lyf-uh-stile!

But it gave me a chance to swing past the General Store in Fish Camp. The beautiful cashier there gave me a deal the other day and I wanted to show my appreciation. She wasn't home so I left the package with a friend.

2 comments:

  1. "Ein Zeichen? Es tut mir leid, Officer, aber ich lese kein Englisch." (Or something like that, according to Google.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed this once in a Hispanic enclave near Albuq. I'd pulled in for lunch of and one of the residents took it upon himself to play enforcer. My German is just sufficient to flummox a Spanish-English bilingual. I think he got it though as he left with a smile.

      Delete