Thursday, August 30, 2018

Fun with AR-15

Riff-raff! That's how Andrew described them.

After offloading his bike, they, there were two of 'em, roared off. As luck would have it, they returned the same time as I.

I asked how their ride was; their enthusiasm prompted, in spite of myself, a vicarious appreciation. One then asked if I'd mind if they did some shooting. Feeling beneficent, I said, "Not at all," and asked what they were gonna shoot...an AR-15.




Left to right - Yerz Trooly, Andrew und Anthony


Well, I'd never seen one in real life so I asked if they'd mind if I watched. "Not at all!" they replied.

After a lesson in assembly and internet availability of components and a beer (Lagunitas), I stood back to watch.

Then Andrew offered a turn. As much as I dislike the noise, I've always enjoyed trying to hit the target. And this one didn't do too badly. Sighted for a longer distance, I was impressed with how consistent it was. And as Andrew said, "The grouping is more important that the bullseye."

I'll drink to that!


Preliminary Concern






The Shot


No comments:

Post a Comment