Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Wickenburg Trestle

The gap between the hills was a mere flash. I turned around and waited 'til the 5-o'clock flash-flood of commuters had had their way.


I tried cropping to emphasize the trestle's smallness, but ended up leaving it original. This is merely a memento, at least until they invent the camera that can produce a lifesize hologram.



The red-on-yellow PROPANE $2.89! sign was not to be ignored. I pulled into the RV Park and up to the propane dispensor as he was lifting himself from the chair. As I came to a stop he said, "I was just leaving. But for you..." I rejoined, "Bless yer heart!" and we commenced.

He asked how long my tank lasts me and in explaining it depends on the number of baths and/or gourmet dinners I cook - and he might wanna stay upwind -- I mentioned the catalytic heater was giving out. He told how one of the residents repairs them and he thought it easy. 

I may give it a try, but given that I'm continually surprised at seeing the toilet paper where I left it after settling on the throne, I'm not overly confident of getting it re-assembled.


 

2 comments:

  1. My only experience with propane fills is on a 500 gallon tank. $1.79 is a good deal. $2.59 is what I'm paying this winter (which sucks).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YIKES! That's a hefty bill.

      How long does it last?

      Has it been cheaper?

      Delete