Friday, February 11, 2022

Lucky Day In Wickenburg

The microphone on my new Pixel 6 quit working so I went into Wickenburg to get it looked at. 

This was the 1st day of the Rodeo Arts & Crafts Fair and, counting on my Lucky Herrmann luck, I turned into the public parking across from the fair. The lot was full, but as I exited to the street a car 10 feet away pulled off, leaving their vacated spot for me.

At the Verizon store, I left it with Kaleb Pitts while I went to the fair. 

At the fair I discovered the most unique jewelry at the end of an aisle dominated by ATV rental companies and commercial products. When I inquired about the reason for their location she said they'd applied late. In addition, because they had some items made by other artists, they were ineligible to be among the "Completely Hand Made" group.

I found an administrator of the show who asked me to show her the booth. As we made our way she told how she'd had double knee replacement & needed to go slow. Pausing to rest, she added that one of the knees had become infected and had had to be re-replaced. That was four years ago and I could see her knees were still swollen. 

Asking her to wait a moment, I went & got a bottle of Dragon Spray from the car. After telling how to apply, I related the tale of its discovery. 

As a Marketing Analyst at University of New Mexico Press, I wore a suit and tie and dress shoes. One day at karate class when the instructor blocked my front kick, I broke a couple of toes. At work the next day I was politely informed I couldn't come to work wearing only one shoe. As a new hire, I needed a solution and found it at The Herb Store where Edgar Chase sold/sells his miracle jow. Jows are traditional Asian analgesics/curatives used in the martial arts community; their formulas are closely-guarded secrets. That evening I spritzed my foot and in the morning was able to put on my shoe.

As we walked to the booth  she told how she'd just taken over the administration of the show and had never done anything like it before. I told of Michelle's and my trip to DEEP ELUM "cutting-edge" art fair in Dallas where there we vendors selling lawn chairs and commercially-made hummingbird feeders. I said I understood the need for quality control but....

She looked at the work and met the vendor. As we walked back she thanked me for bringing the situation to her attention. 


Back at the Verizon store, Kaleb had discovered the microphone was clogged with dirt. He'd sprayed it with cleaner and blown it out with compressed air. I gave him $10.00. He gave me a bottle of cleaner & a NEW can of compressed air.

Now aside from the parking place's miraculous appearance, here's the best part...I'd scheduled the ultrasound of my aortic aneurysm back in December. Since then plans changed but when I tried to reschedule they told me they were full up & scheduling for Spring of 2023. But today when I called they had several openings to choose from. Lucky Herrmann!

No comments:

Post a Comment