Thursday, July 2, 2020

That Time of Month

Homes on Wheels Alliance (HOWA) has a number of programs, but it was their Emergency Fund for Nomads that helped me make it through a rough spot last Spring.

I like to move every day or two, three at the most, and though over the years, in an effort to save money, I've managed to lessen the distances, it's still an inexorable compulsion. I've forgotten the details of how and why, but in the 3rd week of April my wallet was empty. The HOWA Emergency Fund gave me $100.00, enough to get me through. (If you scroll down on the above link you'll see a Compassion Award and a Gas Fund distribution, both on 3/21/19; one of those was me.)



Bob Wells - Co-Founder



Now, at the beginning of the month, when my ship comes in, I make a small donation. I plan to do it the rest of my life. Their goal is $15k and they're just under $9K. Perhaps you too could give? Here's the link to their DONATE page.

Thanks HOWA!!



Their 2019 Annual Report (pdf).

1 comment:

  1. They helped me with a short-term loan (two weeks) so I could replace a destroyed tire.

    ReplyDelete