Wednesday, January 1, 2020

What Should I Do...

With My Life? The True Story of People Who Answered the Ultimate
Question

by Po Bronson.

Based on the fundamental idea we have to make a living, his stories have that as a "bottom line." But his research into finding people who are successful, and not because they have money, but because they either love what they do or are confident in the process, is compellingly written and conveys the wisdom he gleaned. 





Herewith the last paragraph from page 360 (hardbound, ISBN: 0-375-50749-3):

"But I'd rather help than watch. I'd rather have a heart than a mind.I'd rather expose too much than too little. I'd rather say hello to strangers than be afraid of them.I would rather know all this about myself than have more money than I need.I'd rather have something to love than a way to impress you."

And I'd add, "Best of all, is/are someone(s) to share love with."


Happy New Year!

by Michael Pollan.





And lastly, a bit of "deep thoughts" (note lengthy belch) from the archives...

https://newmexnomad.blogspot.com/2012/08/ive-been-reading-peripheral-visions.html

No comments:

Post a Comment