Thursday, January 9, 2020

Grayl Water Purifier

Well, the bill for Phoebe's repairs came to just under $9,000.00. With my debt already a bit above $4,000.00, I'm now nearly maxed out. So, for the foreseeable future every post will begin with an entreaty for assistance. I had to declare bankruptcy sometime in the not-too-distant past and as a result my VISA has a hefty interest rate. I'm signed up for Zelle which doesn't, unlike Paypal (DONATION button in upper right of blog), take a percentage. As the guys on the street-corners signs say: "Any amount will help."




The pipe came out of the side of the mountain and the stream of water sparkled in the summer sun. It fell into a trough that looked pretty clean. I was somewhere in The Granites, east of Contact, Nevada following faint two-tracks, some of which were so overgrown there was little more than a hint that  anyone'd passed this way before. I was low on water and still (hoping, anyway) several days from  returning to pavement.

A couple of weeks later, pain in my kidney area motivated a trip to the Emergency Room in Twin Falls, Idaho, the nearest town. After declining an MRI, the doc suggested I find a nephrologist; the nearest was in Salt Lake City. Fortunately, I found one in Provo, thereby avoiding the Big City. After listening to my tale, he thought we could avoid the melodrama of an MRI and prescribed Metronidazole, an antibiotic frequently used to treat giardia. I carry the one refill he gave me....just in case.

Then, the other day (June, 2019), whilst strolling the wilds of Utah, we had a chance meeting. In the course of exchanging pleasantries and inquiries of each other's needs (we were all fully accoutrecized) and about to continue on our ways, one of us must have mentioned water. She allowed as how she'd traveled extensively in Africa with a Grayl Water Purifier. Mine arrived today.





Grayl (basically) makes one product in two sizes. Each is available in several colors. I have a tendency toward "Out of sight, out of mind" and opted for one I hope will catch my eye when I decide to move on.

And now the extra Metronidazole can (unconcernedly) fade to impotence.

No comments:

Post a Comment