Wednesday, March 15, 2023

On Her Way

Time is the definitive factor in any relationship. Though I've been in several since the early '90s, it was in 2004 when, after ten years with Ms. Cook, I decided to get a place of my own. 

Over the six years prior to my move into nomadicism, it came to feel, for all of us, like the way it should be. No longer did I interrupt another's sleep when I came home late. No longer did the counter-tops have to be clean and dishes put away before retiring for the night. 

The pulls from various others, now including grandchildren, mean we grab at smaller slices (of time) when they become available.

Our next opportunity may be in June. Things change quickly though so there's really no way to know. The only constant...is change.



No comments:

Post a Comment