Friday, May 7, 2021

Sego Alien

 




They were there ahead of me and as I emerged I commented, "A pit toilet! All the amenities!" Colter, at the time dressed in shorts & t-shirt, rejoined with equal facetiousness, "Yeah! You need to take a shit? This is the place!"

He asked if I'd been there before and when learned I was new, began telling of the history...of the Fremonts and another group (I've unfortunately forgotten the name) who pre-dated them by 2,000 years. He also mentioned the government, our government, had recently acknowledged the existence, although no direct contact, of aliens...and not just immigrants.

As I returned from my tour I was astonished to see he'd donned a magnificent body-suit and was pulling on the mask and gloves. Fully encased, he turned and began firing the ray-gun! Suddenly I knew I'd "returned." After four and half months among the hoi-polloi, I was now with two, Darren was his accomplice and videographer, who knew how to have fun!

They took me to the ghost town and showed me the cemetery where there were even a couple of contemporary graves. While there, a young couple, she in loose-fitting bright green harem-pants and a lovely yellow blouse that came to just above her navel, stopped to ask about the location of the petroglyphs. I took them to the spot and as I was preparing to depart a rather loud, '70s model Chevrolet Blazer stopped; it was being driven by a young woman who wanted directions.

Her smile was brilliant and with the sun glinting off her perfect teeth and nose-ring, she allowed as how they'd been off-roading for over 100 miles and wondered if this was the way and how far was it to a town? Riding shotgun was a (lucky) man with a beard who appeared to appreciate my (apparently obvious) appreciation of the moment.   

Although I'd admitted my general avoidance of people to Colter & Darren, I was pleasantly surprised by these three "sets." The wilds of Utah seem to attract a more interesting kind.





























3 comments:

  1. Great story. Glad to see you are still vertical. It's been awhile. We met in Bluff, Utah. You were traveling with a woman then. You might not remember me. My name is Jennifer. I no longer live in Utah, currently in California. We took a short drive and I poked fun at your bologna sandwich diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DO remember you!

      I emailed you asking if you were still in Bluff.Good to hear from you! How are you!

      Delete