Monday, May 24, 2021

Balloon!


Tony & Alexander - Chase Crew


I was inside having coffee when I heard the sound of a motor. I'd noticed a balloon a little earlier and when I looked out, was surprised to see it coming down nearby. Flying around it was a parasail, the source of the motor sound. In my whitey-tighties and (color-coordinated) white shirt, I took this video.

I got dressed (one has to make concessions) and ambling over to the van, watched as about a dozen passengers filed aboard. When I mentioned the video and blog, the tour guide -- eager to be away -- said they had plenty of video and, quickly shutting the door, drove 'em off.


What a cool way to start a day!




10 comments:

  1. Nice video catch. I was part of the chase crew when Julia went on a balloon ride as a gift from an employer. I learned that balloons don’t always gently land. Her balloon came in hot and bounced across a field covered in shotgun shells. Private land, and the organizers got everybody out in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad she wasn't hurt.

      I always figured littering was a PUBLIC activity.

      See: https://newmexnomad.blogspot.com/2017/02/blam-blam-blam-blamblamblam-blamity.html

      Delete
  2. I hope Andy benefits from this chance encounter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was unfortunate that they did not value the video but time is money and I'm sure they have a comprehensive business plan, investors, etc., which turn a flight into a boring job. Typically the balloon comes down on someone's party and that warrants a gift from the balloon pilot. Did they not offer you a bottle of wine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DanG! I missed out completely!!!

      Next time I'll know. Thx!

      Delete
  4. That's annoyingly loud. A lot of people offer up sound pollution and erosion of peace and land in the great American West. I would have not pantsed but taken off the tighty whities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SUCH a provocateur!

      See: https://newmexnomad.blogspot.com/2019/08/neighbor.html

      Delete
  5. I did this in that same area back in the 90s. I fear heights, but I wasn't afraid in the balloon. There was an excellent pilot and he was so nice. Still drunk from a huge birthday celebration the night before, we had a blast and spit over the side of the balloon (which was a highlight - the simple things, you know). Then once we landed, we drank champagne.

    ReplyDelete