Monday, September 28, 2020

Monday Morning In Springer - Just past Noon

She, Frances, the owner, shrugged her shoulders and said, "Noon." when I asked about check-out time. It's now 11:52 a.m. and I just emerged from my baahth and finished arranging my pills for the day. I could feel Michelle's urgency when she asked if I was through -- a rare sensation coming from her -- but I had no idea it was so late.

The night seemed fairly average to me...I'm comfortable wherever I am, but Michelle had it rough. It wasn't HER BED and she misses Trixie, the cat.



We roused ourselves around 9:00 with the motivation of Dairy Delite, a local restaurant that's part Dairy Queen and part Frontier Restaurant. 




(The Frontier, on Central Avenue across from the University (in Albuquerque), is world-renowned for its food and art. The walls are covered, salon-style, with original paintings by famous artists from the last 40 years or so and their cheese enchiladas, roasted green chili, and fresh-squeezed orange juice, set the standard for the Universe.)

We ordered Belgian waffles and breakfast burritos. The waffles weren't bad but the burritos were outstanding! Every ingredient, eggs, potatoes, (ham, bacon, or sausage) tortilla, tasted fresh, distinct, and delicious! $4.25...and with "heft" besides; a meal in themselves.

A large mirror in the dining alcove (of the AirBnb) let me know I really need to go about as a pumpkin...or Humpty-dumpty. I'll try and attach the video of Anand complaining about HER inability to exercise. I chalk it up to figuring I'll drop at any moment and it really doesn't matter, but it's still a shock.


62 miles to Trinidad, Colorado: our destination for the day. (Update 10/1/20 -- We arrived Trinidad  promptly at 7:02 pm, five and half hours later. 62 miles/5.5 hours = 11.2 mph)

No comments:

Post a Comment