Monday, July 25, 2022

Whiskey Creek Rd

It's the shortcut from Wallowa to highway 3. It enables one to avoid the town of Enterprise. Maps said either way was about 53 minutes. I've managed to stretch it out to more than 24 hours with an overnight atop a hill with a better view than the one below of the Eagle Cap Wilderness. But at this point I don't even bother trying. Maybe with a 4x5 digital, but not with a $900.00 android phone.








This stump, about 30 inches acrosst, prompted speculation about what the forest might've looked like.




7 comments:

  1. You almost snuck that stump photo by me. "All you need is more cats"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAH! Good eye!

      The block is 7.5 inches long. It looked to me like you could get 4 of 'em in a row.

      Delete
  2. Ah…what they really meant was “Leave no trees.”
    (I’ve posted some blogs…haven’t figured out how to comment with my name in instead of anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Envy!

      There's something about Canadian trees....they're friendlier!

      Delete
    2. The moist forests of the northwest were entirely different from all the forests I’ve known in the southwest and CA….a real treat!

      Delete
    3. Glad you enjoyed. Michelle & I got some exposure in 2008 when we drove to Cape Flattery. Yesterday someone said highway 20 across WA is gorgeous. I'm in La Grande, OR trying to decide which way to go.

      Delete
    4. …and there’s the moon…

      Delete