Tuesday, July 19, 2022

On The Snake

I was into Idaho on highway 93 when I remembered I had meds waiting in Elko. I called Twin Falls and discovered they couldn't transfer them.

I went north from Elko through Mountain City then turned west on 78 at Bruneau.

The plains of southwest Idaho are an insomniac's wet dream. The heat and gently undulating hills with not even the hint of a tree to break the mood, had me nearly in the fields more than once. But the magic is, apparently, still active. As I was about to slump over there came a short section of public lands. And down at the end, mit all der terlit paper und the beach between der beavers or river otters (it's hard to tell) was my camp. 


It was the heat of the day, 5pm. I managed to get the awning in place, soaked my shirt and made my way to the river's edge. There're some big ones jumping.



The call of the wild




1 comment: