Saturday, November 6, 2021

Sedona

Sun comes up and caresses the magnificent bluffs south of Sedona. Red sandstone bases with creamy white tops...the mornings and evenings are visual feasts.

I woke at 5:45 from a dream of terrible mundanity inspired, I surmise, by the aweful suburb of nomads I'm surrounded by.

Daly City


Forest Rd 525 runs north-south along the front face of the edifice and combined with the PERFECT weather, has drawn a multitude of "seasonal visitors" and transients like myself. 

I drove in 6 miles from highway 89A b4 finding an empty spot. I hadn't been in place ten minutes when a couple (no DOG, thank god) in a Dodge Caravan (note tone dripping with disdain), pulled into the spot next door, a mere 100 ft away. Fortunately, I was still packed, and left.

The goddess smiled, as she has for most of my life when looking for home, and my next spot was only big enough for one. But being next to the confluence of 525 & 525D (No harm in telling, you can't POSSIBLY detract), I got to see all the traffic, including oxidized-pink jeeps bulging under their load of beaming tourists hanging from the roll bars. 

Outbound...Listing to Starb'd


Sated on the repast of another glorious sunset, they roared by on their way back to their barn. 

From behemoth-sized buses to dilapidated RVs to CRVs -- crowded in amidst the vast ubiquity of Toyota Tundras -- the populous is WAY too dense. 

I was pleasantly surprised to see no defecatoory evidence of previous inhabitation.

2 comments:

  1. Economists see declining birth-rates as a disaster, I see it as a necessity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Economists! Dummkopfs!!!

      In my youth I wanted to be one. The use of statistics appealed to my German soul. But try as I might I couldn't learn calculus...thank god.

      The rest is history.

      Delete