Sunday, March 14, 2021

We Got the T-Shirt

Last Thursday we had to tell Chaz, our instructor, we were gonna take a break. Between my waning stamina and our waning finances, it was a no-brainer.


As an Until-We-Meet-Again gift, Chaz gave us each the t-shirt.



 



THANKS, Chaz!








P.S. Post eye meeting: The day after we got the t-shirts, yesterday, Dr. Alexander Davis, Director of the Southwest Combined Cornea and Glaucoma fellowship, advised wearing a patch to avoid rubbing....or worse. (See: The Annoying Eye)


P.P.S. The painting above Michelle's head is titled Geeks Bearing Gifts; it's by Laurel Weathersbee. I can't recall when or where we got it, sometime in the '90s, I think. It's always been a favorite and, as with other favorite's, hangs above Michelle's bed.

The one hidden behind my (phat) head & (skinny) phone, is a watercolor by Henry Gasser. Purchased sometime in the 1950s by Michelle's grandmother for $60.00, his work has been selling at auction (recently) for over $14,000.00.

5 comments:

  1. yuo guys are so cool, i love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you!

      We aim to entertain!

      You aim too, please! (sign seen over toilet somewhere in Yukon) ; - )

      Delete
  2. You are looking good. I agree with Jozien. I will have two weeks off so I plan to leave tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have the bypass and buy some super-glue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't afford it. I have $35.00 in my checking account and there's stil two and half weeks left in the month.

      I owe $6,500.00 on VISA (engine and transmission rebuild from last winter) and have a credit limit of $7,000.00.

      The hospital in Green Valley still wants $1,400.00 for the transradial angioplasty when they discovered I have two blocked arteries and they couldn't put in stents.

      St. Mary's Hospital in Tucson where I went to the E.R. the day after the heart attack still wants $543.00.

      My cardiologist just sent me a bill for $150.00 for our zoom appt two weeks ago and my primary just sent a bill two days ago for $93.00 for renewing my thyroid medication.

      The Hospital bill for the angioplasty was $90,000.00. Medicare paid for a lot of it, but I had to put the rest on a high-interest credit card. Michelle GAVE me $4,500.00 to pay it off as I didn't have enough to live on.

      Two other women have contributed over $2,000.00 and my stimulus payments also went to VISA.

      I don't have the money.

      I tried the nitrogen a couple of days ago and ALMOST made it, but failed. Michelle was so relieved I'm not sure I can bring myself to try again.

      Delete